Congratulations on your New PUPPY!
“Heaven on Earth is to LOVE and BE LOVED by a Maltese” ❤️
We will shoot updated ‘TEAR STAINING REMOVAL & CARE’ tutorials, so look for them on our Youtube channel in the future months.
We also plan on doing a POTTY TRAINING series of videos.
- Tropiclean Bluerberry Facial Scrub
- Chris Christensen Happy Eyes Tearless Shampoo
- Oatmeal Sensitive Skin Shampoo from any line, but we favor Pure Paws Oats and Aloe
- Butler Schein Tear Stain Remover (take care not to get into eyes)
- Artero PRETTY EYES Tear Stain Eye Cleaner (please avoid getting into eyes)
- CET Vanilla Mint Toothpaste and CET Tiny Toothbrush
- Madan Pin Brush, face comb and steel tail comb from Toplinepet.com
- Chris Christensen Wooden Pin Brush
- Bone Snap Clips from our MO Bling SHOP
- Elastic Hair Bands from Toplinepet.com
- Tiny Comfortable Harness (we carry XXS sizes for new puppies or teeny tinies)
Effective Dec, 18th — We carry Pure Paws travel kits with more items to be added soon. You can order from us or from PurePaws.net
If you prefer Chris Christensen over Madan for brushes and combs, the Chris Christensen pin brushes, slicker brushes, wooden pin brushes and metal combs are excellent:
A great less expensive alternative wooden pin brush that I love for both myself and my dogs are:
Maltese Puppy Villa Supplies
- Pee Pads from COSTCO or from AMAZON
- Puppy Pee Pad Tray or we use a washing machine tray from HomeDepot or Lowes
- X-Pen aka Excercise Pen
- Water Bowl
- Puppy Teething and Play Toys
- Puppy Bed(s) … will have accidents, so you’ll want to pick up a few
- Puppy Blankets (where you can rub your human scent on so the puppy can still smell you when you are not with them)
- Plastic Shower Curtain to lay underneath the Puppy Villa
Some pee tray ideas. Check the size and you’ll want a pretty low lip so that the puppy can easily hop in to go potty. For boys you can get a little fire hydrant and place in the middle of the tray. The tray replacements for the wire crates work well.
WARNING: This Laundry Machine Tray is HUGE, but I wanted to leave you a link … it can be found at Home Depot or Lowes. We love these as we have multiple dogs.
PUPPY FOOD AND TREATS
There are so many amazing choices in what to feed your new puppies. Generally you’ll want to keep the puppy on the same food as what the breeder had them on. You can transition to a new food slowly to ensure that you won’t be having to clean up a mucky wet sick poop. Experiment with foods that your puppy will enjoy as well as one that will help produce nice clean stool. Runny poops for consecutive days may mean that the puppy does not tolerate the food or treat.
We have experimented with kibble, raw and a variety of premium dog foods. Tweety had an illness that required her to be on either a prescription diet or a limited ingredient grain free diet. We chose to bring Tweety back to health by home cooking a grain free diet for her. Currently we still either home cook or we purchase food from JUSTFOODFORDOGS.com The girls also enjoy the JUSTFOODFORDOG treats. They LOVE the food and they have maintained and overall great health.
Puppies are pack animals and love sleeping and hanging out with their humans. We recommend getting a BIG HUMAN bed. We started training our girls by having them sleep inside their puppy crate in the middle of our bed. I woke up in the middle of the night several hours apart to let them out to potty on the pee pad in our bathroom. We did our potty sessions with low light and zero conversation to keep the puppy relaxed and to let them know that night time was for sleeping. After a quick potty break they were put back in their little crate for more sleep. The puppy quickly learned to not potty until morning and they were eventually able to sleep through the entire evening without a potty break.
Some families prefer the puppy to sleep alone in their puppy villa. If possible it is best to have a separate puppy villa as close to a human family member as possible so that the puppy can not be alone and scared. We recommend having a ticking clock near the puppy to allow the puppy to hear the pulse of mama’s heartbeat. A huge comfort to the puppy when then they can’t be right next to their humans is clothes or blankets that have the human scent on them. We like to throw our sweatshirts or t-shirts in with the young puppies to allow them to nest in something soft that smells like us. Puppies have just been separated from their Mama and pack so they will be grieving the loss of their loves, but they will absolutely bond and love with their humans.
HUGS and WET KISSES to all the new forever furry kiddos you’ll be welcoming into your hearts and homes!
Items you can buy on our MO SHOP or on AMAZON:
The GIANT Waterproof liner that we put underneath the pen is great, though we do suggest putting a thick clear shower curtain as the very bottom layer, can be found on Amazon. Links below: